Thursday, July 14, 2011

Over the Cliff

Thanks to a relatively new blogger, Maggie of Str8talk4Women, I've learned about a new book for gay men who are married to straight women. According to Amazon, it was first published only two months ago.

The book is called Over the Cliff: Gay Husbands in Straight Marriages. It features the stories of 16 married men who struggled with coming out and reconciling their sexuality with their straight marriage. It was written by two counselors, Bonny Kaye and Doug Dittmer. Each of them has been counseling straight wives and their gay husbands for many years. Bonnie Kaye has written a number of other books on the subject, but I believe this is the first one primarily written for the gay husband.

The book can be downloaded on Kindle for $7.70. I don't have a Kindle. If I did, I'd probably check it out. $20 for a paperback copy is too much for my cheap ass. Besides, I'm not sure what would be new to me in the book. Maybe some thoughts about handling the kids would be helpful.

I'm adding Maggie's blog to my list on the right. I'd like more married men to challenge themselves to understand the straight wife point of view. Trust me, I thought I understood, but I didn't genuinely "get it" until a few months ago when I had some extended conversations with a few straight wives.

I encourage you to visit her blog and listen, with an open mind, to what she has to say.

2 comments:

  1. You don't need a kindle to download books. You can out the kindle app on your computer and download to that.

    ReplyDelete